|Armed and not dangerous|
Dessert - crust is tender, filling is perfect - only whip cream and a sliver of a slice needed
Caramel-Pecan Tart 5*
3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
2 cups flour
2/3 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup butter
3 Tbs whipping cream
1. Bake pecans for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
2. Pulse flour, powdered sugar, and 3/4 cup butter in a food processor 5 to
6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture evenly on bottom
and up sides of a lightly greased 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a
wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
4. Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter, and whipping cream to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in toasted pecans, and spoon hot filling into prepared crust.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool on a
wire rack 30 minutes or until completely cool.
Adapted from Southern Living NOVEMBER 2007